Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I'll be seeing you

They say great art comes from great pain. 
I don’t know if its great but I know that pain was what I sourced this story from.Tim walker says photograph what you love and tell stories about it and so I did just that. I told the story of the hardest time of my life. This story was me was trying to express the heart wrenching pain of it all  and yet communicate the absolute crazy, intense,passionate love. That some only have once in a life time. 
Two years ago I was in a real bad place . I sat at a bus stop somewhere up north on a cold and dismal day with not much to keep me warm but my boyfriends hoodie and  an empty suitcase that i'd shoved maybe two items inside in such haste to get home. That day I heard Otis Readings ‘For your precious love’ and I broke. 
Otis sings of the painful reality of loving someone so much it hurts you to the core and it resounds through every note, chord and lyric.
Fast forward to this year. I was going through my records and put the song on and after listening to it I knew I wanted to retell the story.As I sat listening I peiced together the story that played like images in my head and started scribbling down what would be ‘i’ll be seeing you’
The response I’ve had for this video has been phenomenal. I never expected it to affect and touch so many people. I never realised that so much people would be able to relate to it. It was a story I only wanted people to listen to.I say it all the time on my blog but I don’t think people realise how much their comments and messages mean to me. When you take time out of your day to write your appreciation for my work … my gratitude is inexpressible.
I want to thank you all for listening to my story. 
The two days we spent shooting were such fun! Dyneal and Loreece put so much hard work into this video. They shot in the rain but you can barley tell , cut our feet walking out to the sea and Loreece braved the ocean although she couldn't swim.
I'm currently working on a behind the scenes video because of how funny the out takes actually are. 

Blood sweat and tears went into the making of this video. Literally! 

I want to thank Loreece and Dyneal my amazing models.
Loreece especially who has now become my dear friend and one of the most beautiful souls I know.
My best friend Syanne for being my rock through it all for listening to me have a breakdown for eight weeks solid and being my voice of reason, thank you to  make up artists jade and abbey
And the love of my life…unlike the story we've come out fighting and stronger than ever. You are my inspiration and muse. You have given me strength.You have always told me the truth even when it wasn't what I wanted to hear. You who’s inner beauty is so strong.I've realized that although we’re apart, you are always with me. You give me purpose when I feel I have none. I thank God every day that you were brought into my life you’re such a big part of it now;I keep that summer in my heart… That summer that started the most amazing love story.
I love you, I’ll be seeing you 





























She'd never been to the seaside before... hence her excitement ...







And here is the finished piece Enjoy! 





0 comments:

<